“SugarProTech Facts” is written by the well-known sugar technologist and former President of the ESST Scientific Committee Jan Maarten de Bruijn. He intends to give an overview of some critical points in beet sugar manufacture based on his over 30 years of experience, first as researcher at CSM in the Netherlands under the guidance of Pieter van der Poel, and later at British Sugar and Südzucker.
The ‘SugarProTech Facts’ series will be based on the personal experience of the author rather than on producing a full up-to-date literature survey. The objective is to develop practical guides for sugar scientists/technologists concerning common sugar technology issues they usually face in beet sugar processing. The guides will include theoretical background and practical implications with regard to (physico-)chemical process issues, as well as recommendations for process improvements and control.
The ebook contains the following Articles:
- Impact of beet quality on sugar manufacture
- Technological aspects of the beet yard operation
- Lime salts: origin and control in beet processing
- Scale characteristics and removal
- Sugar hydrolysis and colour formation in processing
- Ensilage of pressed beet pulp
- Technical accounting: sugar extraction and losses
- Processing deteriorated beet. Part 1: Indicative and quantitative analysis of the degree of deterioration
- Processing deteriorated beet. Part 2: Preventive and process measures
- Key performance indicators and set-points in sugar beet processing
- The beet sugar factory of the future
- Chemistry and microbiology in sugar extraction
- Principles of juice purification
- Filtration principles and troubleshooting
- Thermostability of thin juice
For further information, please visit the homepage of this product.
You can read our eBooks/ePaper with the Bartens App for Android and iOS or in our desktop eBook library.
After purchasing, you will receive an Activation Code by e-mail. The activation code can be used on up to three devices and is valid for one user only. In the Bartens app, you can also download the ePaper and read it offline. You however may not share it or duplicate it.
Activation of the eBook/ePaper in our Bartens App
- Download the Bartens app free of charge from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- When opening the app for the first time, tap on “Login” and enter your activation code and your password, which you receive(d) by email.
- To manage your access to your eBooks/ePaper, click on “Login” again.
Activation of the eBook/ePaper in our desktop eBook library
- Open the library by using this link.
- Tap on “Activation Codes” (top in the middle or left of the first book cover) and enter your activation code and your password, which you receive(d) by email.
- To manage your access to your eBooks/ePaper, click on “Activation Codes” (top in the middle) again.
In a separate e-mail you will receive an Activation Code. Click here to open our eBook library and enter your activation code. The activation code can be used on up to three devices and is valid for one user only