Starch – Bioethanol and Bioconversion Convention
21. April 2020 - 23. April 2020
For over 70 years, the highly esteemed internationally Starch Convention has been organized by the Association of Cereal Research (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Getreideforschung e.V.) in cooperation with the Max Rubner-Institute of Detmold.
The convention is attended by managers and technologists of the worldwide starch and bioethanol industries, suppliers of technology, and processing aids and researchers in carbohydrate chemistry.
Concurrently, the Bioethanol and Bioconversion Technology Meeting will also take place. The event is organized by the Association of Cereal Research in cooperation with the Max Rubner-Institute of Detmold and the Institute for Food Technology – Fermentation Technology at the University of Hohenheim.
The themes, discussed by the more than 300 participants from all over the world, will include:
- Developments in the world of starch production from the raw material to the application of starch products in food and technical industry
- Use of starch and sugary raw materials in the production of biofuels and as renewable raw material
- Use and modifications of byproducts in industry and food
- Technology and plant design of starch production
- Enzyme technology for improvement of starch conversion
The program of the Starch Convention is arranged by a working group with highly experienced members of the starch and bioethanol industry.
The Starch Convention is accompanied by an exhibition by suppliers of starch machinery, analytical equipment, and processing aids, such as for example enzymes.
The conference language is English.
Members of the Association of Cereal Research and members of public institutions and students € 300. Non-members of the Association of Cereal Research €600.
The booking charge for a booth at the exhibition includes the registration fee for 2 participants
The registration fee includes congress materials (abstracts of papers, list of participants, etc.), lunch (Tuesday and Wednesday), coffee breaks, evening events.